The Case Shiller Home Price Index continued its upturn through May 2011. Though much of the increase was related to seasonal spring buying strength, most metro areas showed some increases. However on a year over year basis May 2011 was still below May 2010.
Monthly Archives: July, 2011
On Wednesday July 13th, CHPC, along with Enterprise Community Partners, held a unique evening event to celebrate New York City’s housing policy history.
Guests from across the housing industry were invited to take part in a dramatic table reading of two pieces from CHPC’s incredible archive.
In rich poetic detail, reports from the first ever New York City code inspectors, describing their experiences of the Lower East Slums at the turn of the 20th century, were actually read by real-life code inspectors today! We were delighted to welcome so many code inspectors, including Vito Mustaciuolo, Deputy Commissioner for the … Read more…
Every year, CHPC staff and board members visit the Brooklyn Cyclones in Coney Island to see the best local baseball team around! Contact Marsha if you’re interested in attending.… Read more…
Our Current Initiatives
Upcoming CHPC Events
- CHPC’s 1989 Survey of Mayoral Candidates Gems from the Archives
- Home prices rise slightly in the last month of the summer The Housing Market and the Economic Crisis
- CHPC visits the Making Room design studio in Atlanta, Georgia! Events, Making Room
- LaGuardia to O’Dwyer: The Mayoral Transition of 1945 Gems from the Archives
- Congratulations to all of the election winners! News